How do I correct errors related to the RPC-VIOLATION?
As you can see, there are several causes for the error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, but fortunately most of them can be corrected without much effort.
Look at example B. First check all the data/power cables of the player. In some cases, if they are not connected properly, the system reads that the disk is not available and a crash occurs.
If all cables are intact and properly connected, you can proceed and check the status of the disks.
2. Use special tools
Fortunately, there are some excellent programs that can help you diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair many blue screen errors and other problems.
Restoro relies on an online database that contains the latest working system files for the Windows 10 PC, so you can easily replace any item that might cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before you start the repair, so you can easily restore a previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
Here you can learn how to fix registration errors with Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Start the application.
- Wait for the software to detect stability problems and possibly damaged files.
- Click on Start recovery.
- Restart the computer so that all changes take effect.
Once this is fixed, your PC should run smoothly and you should not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times.
⇒ Get Restoro
Denial: Some specific actions require upgrading this program from the free version.
- Right-click on the Start icon and select Device Manager.
- Expansion of IDE-ATA/ATAPI controllers.
- Select a controller named SATA AHCI (for example, a standard SATA AHCI controller).
- To ensure that you have selected the correct controller, right-click on the controller, go to Properties, click on the Driver tab, and then click on Driver Details. Make sure that iastor.sys is in the list of drivers and click OK.
- On the Driver tab, select Update Driver.
- Select Show my computer as driver.
- Select the Allow selection from the list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
- Click on Next, then Close and restart the PC.
Microsoft proposes to replace the driver that causes this error, i.e. the iastor.sys driver, with the storahci.sys driver.
- Enter the command on the Search tab of Windows 10.
- Click Run as Administrator to run the command line with elevated privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter to run it (replace C with the letter of the hard disk partition): chkdsk C: /f
If you do not use the /f parameter, chkdsk will print a message that the file needs to be repaired, but will not fix the errors.
Chkdsk Dee: /f detects and repairs logical problems on your hard drive. To correct physical problems, also use the /r parameter.
There are a number of utilities you can use to check all aspects of hard drive health. For more information on the best tools to check the health of your hard drive, see our special guide.
If you have an SSD, you may need to find a firmware update (if you haven’t already). Keep in mind that if you update the firmware on your SSD, you will likely lose all data on it.
Updating all of your computer’s drivers is another option if you encounter DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.
Check the components by manufacturer and model, and then check their websites for drivers compatible with Windows 10 or earlier versions.
We strongly recommend using a program that automatically downloads outdated drivers to your computer. It is very reliable and can get the job done in seconds with just a few clicks.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
⇒ Get DriverFix
Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your device. Reminder: Microsoft constantly releases updates for Windows to improve the stability of the system and fix various problems.
Installing the latest Windows updates on your computer may also help resolve the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.
To access the Windows Update section, simply type update into the search box. This method works for all versions of Windows. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates.
Is Windows Update not working on Windows 10? Use our special guide and solve this problem easily.
- Go to the Start menu, type Windows Security and click on the application in the results.
- In the left pane, select Virus and Threat Protection.
- In the new window, click Scan Settings.
- Check the Full scan option and click the Scan now button to start a full scan of malware on the system.
You should always check your computer for viruses, even if you do not have a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.
However, if you are suffering from this problem, you should thoroughly scan your computer and look for malware that might be hiding there.
There are many excellent antivirus programs that can detect all kinds of malware and other bugs.
Read our detailed article to find out which antivirus program we recommend you install on your computer. Meanwhile, you can also use Windows Defender to scan the device.
- Press the Start button and select the Settings option (cogwheel).
- Select Update and Security, and then Troubleshoot.
- Under Advanced Troubleshooting Tools, select and run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooting option.
Most programs developed for earlier versions of Windows will also work on newer versions of the operating system. However, some older programs may perform poorly or even cause serious errors, for example. B. Error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.
You can run the Program Compatibility Tool as described above to automatically detect and fix some of the most common problems. Physical incompatibilities must also be taken into account.
If you have built a new computer and installed Windows 10 and nothing else and you are experiencing this problem, there may be some components that are not working together or interacting well with the operating system.
In this case, you should do further research on the different parts, and if you don’t find anything useful, you should contact the shop for technical assistance.
Beware of incorrectly installed equipment. In most cases, the memory is not installed correctly by the users and is sometimes not accessible.
To check the memory, remove the DIMMs and carefully replace them, making sure you hear a click and that they are firmly in place.
Is Windows troubleshooting not working anymore? Our detailed guide will help you solve this problem!
- Go to the Start menu, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
- Press the Programs and Functions button.
- Select the recently added program(s) and click the Remove/Edit button.
Then restart the computer and check if the problem is solved.
If you have recently installed new software, you can try uninstalling it. Sometimes, third-party software can cause serious problems on your computer, including the error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.
10. Restoring a working system
- Go to Settings, click Update & Security, and then select Restore in the left pane.
- Under Reset this PC, click on Run and select Save Files.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
When the procedure is complete, check if the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error continues to occur.
If the problem occurs after you have installed a driver or changed something in your computer software, you should perform a system restore.
This will reset your system to a point before any changes were made, as described in the steps above, and you can see if the problem persists.
If this is something you have done or installed, it should solve your Windows 10 DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION problems.
We hope you find this guide useful. If you are still experiencing problems, please leave a comment and we will respond as soon as possible.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
How do I correct a CPD watchdog error?
Sometimes Windows system file analysis and repair can help to fix DPC Watchdog Violation error on your computer. To scan and repair system files, open the command line program as administrator. Then call: SFC/Scan and press Enter. It automatically analyzes and fixes errors in your Windows system.
What causes a DPC watchdog violation in Windows 10?
DPC Watchdog Violation refers to the stop code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation is a blue screen error that can occur on a Windows operating system. This usually happens for specific reasons, such as unsupported SSD firmware, an older version of the SSD driver, hardware incompatibility issues, or corrupted system files.
How do I correct a PNP error?
Feedback,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 2020,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 freeze,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 reddit,dpc watchdog violation chrome,dpc watchdog violation not restarting,dpc watchdog violation on boot,Privacy settings,How Search works,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 boot loop,dpc watchdog violation windows 8