RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Have you encountered the error GLFW 65542 while playing Minecraft games on Windows 10? If yes, it must be because the OpenGL32.dll file is not present in the Active Directory. To fix this error, visit the official DLL site, download the OpenGL32.dll file and place it in your active JRE folder.
Also, using DisplayLink software on your computer can cause this problem due to compatibility issues. If you remove this driver, you will no longer see the GLFW 65542 error while playing Minecraft games. Make sure your graphics card is up to date. An outdated display driver can also cause similar errors. Let’s take a closer look at the solutions.
First, let’s explain what OpenGL is. OpenGL, short for Open Graphics Library, is a multilingual, cross-platform software interface for 2D and 3D graphics rendering applications. OpenGL is commonly used to communicate with the GPU.
In Minecraft itself, OpenGL is responsible for reducing the load on your system, which should make the game faster and smoother on your computer. In essence, OpenGL tells Minecraft not to display graphics that are outside the player’s field of view.
Outdated graphics card drivers in Minecraft are known to cause many problems. To solve this problem, you must first determine what type of graphics card you have.
- Press the “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously.
- Type “dxdiag” in the start window and press Enter.
- In the dxdiag window, click the View tab.
- Note the name of the manufacturer.
Restart your computer
If games and other programs are not working properly on your computer, the first thing you should do is restart your computer. Your operating system may not have all the resources, such as the OpenGL API, that are causing the problem in Minecraft.
Updated January 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can solve and prevent computer problems quickly:
- Stap 1: Download de PC Recovery and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click on the “Start Scan” button to find Windows registry issues that can cause PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on the “Fix All” button to fix all the problems.
Follow these steps to restart your computer correctly :
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Then press the power button to open the power settings menu.
- Finally, click the “Restart” button to start the process.
Wait for your computer to finish rebooting, then try restarting Minecraft to see if the GLFW error message appears on your computer.
If the problem persists after the computer is restarted, you can solve it with the following method.
Manual addition of an OpenGLL DLL file
The last method you can try is to manually put the OpenGL DLL file in the Minecraft installation folder. The API may not work properly because the actual OpenGL DLL file is not in the folder.
To add the OpenGL DLL file to your Minecraft installation folder :
- You must first download the DLL file to your computer.
- Next, find the Minecraft_OpenGL.zip file in the download folder and unzip it.
- Then right-click on opengl32.dll and select “Cut” or “Copy”.
- Navigate to C: Java Program Files * JRE VERSION * bin and paste opengl32.dll there (Note that the JRE VERSION in the folder path is only the location of the JRE VERSION currently installed on the Windows computer).
- When User Account Control asks you to confirm your actions, click Yes to make changes to the Minecraft installation folder.
We hope these solutions have helped you fix the GLFW 65542 bug and get back to playing with Minecraft. If not, please visit the Minecraft forum for more information.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
Frequently asked questions
How can I determine that the driver does not support OpenGL?
Method 1: Accidentally added OpenGL. dll or opengl64. dll, resulting in GLFW error 65542. If this scenario applies, one way to fix the problem is to add the missing. DLL in the Java and JRE directories so that Minecraft can use OpenGL.
How can I fix a GL bug in Minecraft?
How to fix Minecraft OpenGL errors on Windows 10? – Read our …
How do I get OpenGL on Minecraft?
How to fix errors in Minecraft OpenGL – Easy driver
glfw error 65542 dragon city,minecraft opengl download,glfw error 65544,opengl3 2,opengl error minecraft 1281,graphics device driver error code 43,glfw error 65539,opengl 32 dll download,standard display types,download missing dll files,how to play minecraft without opengl,minecraft up to date drivers,microsoft basic display adapter,mc 297,glfw error 65542 minecraft windows 7,opengl32.dll download,java download,minecraft crash opengl error,how to run minecraft without opengl,opengl.dll download,download opengl for windows 10,how to turn off advanced opengl minecraft,glfw error 65542: wgl: the driver does not appear to support opengl,glfw error 65542 minecraft solution windows 7,glfw error 65542 windows 7,how to fix glfw error 65542 minecraft launcher,glfw error 65543 minecraft,minecraft opengl error