Steam is a great gaming platform, but many users have reported that nothing happens when you click Play on Steam. This can be a big problem because you won’t be able to run games at all, but today we’re going to show you how to solve this problem.
There are many problems with Steam, and many users have reported that they cannot run games on Steam. Additionally, users have reported that Steam sometimes starts the game but nothing happens, or Steam displays the message Running and then stops.
So check the following solutions if nothing happens when you want to play games on Steam.
Reason why LOTRO can’t run on Windows 10.
- File corruption during LOTRO installation : Whether you run the game through Steam or a standalone launcher, corrupted files can cause these kinds of problems in Windows 10. If you use Steam, you can fix the problem by checking the integrity of the LOTRO files and replacing corrupt instances with healthy ones. If you are using a standalone installer, you will need to reinstall it through the official channels.
- The game tries to run on the built-in GPU: If you see this error message when trying to run a game on a configuration with two GPUs, it is possible that the game is trying to use the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated GPU. In this case, you can solve the problem by turning off the integrated graphics card.
- Lack of administrative rights : From time to time, the LOTRO developers release an update that makes changes to the game. In this case, make sure the launcher (which updates and fixes the game) has administrator rights to make the necessary changes.
- Missing dynamic link library files: Note that Windows 10 systems are designed by default to prefer DirectX12 when rendering LOTR. However, it can cause problems if some DLL files are missing on your computer. In this case, you can solve the problem by installing the missing DirectX files using the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- Incompatible graphic parameters : If you have changed the graphics settings of LOTRO before starting the game for the first time, it is possible that these settings will cause the game to crash. In this case, you can solve the problem by resetting the LOTRO graphics settings in the Startup Settings menu.
- Windows 10 compatibility: It appears that this problem is occurring because a new Windows 10 window has made this old game incompatible. A quick fix is to run the game’s main program in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
To solve the problem of LOTRO not working on Windows 10.
March 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can quickly fix your PC’s problems and prevent others from getting them too:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Use compatibility mode with previous versions of Windows
The simplest and easiest solution to this problem is to run the game in compatibility mode with earlier versions of Windows. Running the program in compatibility mode solves many problems, including the inability to run LOTRO on Windows 10. But if you can’t, we’re here to help.
- Go to the location of this file: (C: Lord of the Rings Online Program Files).
- When you have reached this point, right click on lotroclient.exe and then click Properties.
- Now that you are in the Properties menu, click on the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Running the game with administrator rights
If the above solution did not work for you, this may be the solution.
Depending on your account settings, the LOTRO launcher may not be able to update the game to the latest version because it does not have administrator access. If this is a problem, the solution is given below.
- Close the game while it is running in the background.
- Click [Windows+E] -> Find the game file -> Go to Properties in the drop down menu.
- On the Properties menu, select the Compatibility tab, then go to the Preferences menu and check the Run this program as administrator box.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK. Enjoy your game without interruption.
Install missing DirectXfiles
- In your browser, go to the DirectX End User Installer download page.
- Now click on the Download button. Wait for the process to begin.
- In the next window, disable the Microsoft-supplied bloatware by clicking No Thanks and proceed to install DirectX on the Web for the end user.
- Wait for dxwebsetup.exe to load. Then double click on it and install it.
- This will help you and install the missing DirectX packages after the system check. A reboot is required to complete this process.
- After restarting the system, start LOTRO and check if the problem persists.
Reset LOTRO graphics settings
- You need to open the LOTRO graphics settings from the Start menu.
- Press the down arrow. Then press Options. Finally, click on the Restore button.
- Now click on Charts in the opened menu and select the Restore Charts option before clicking on the Apply button to save the changes you have made.
- Now start LOTRO and see if the problem persists.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+ESC or right-clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of the Windows screen and selecting Task Manager. Scroll down and right click on all EVE Online related processes and select End Task. Then try restarting the launcher.
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that fixes the problem. You can also check in the task manager to see if the game is running.
If nothing happens when you click Play on Steam, the problem may be due to missing components or installation files for the game.
- Chrome update. Videos and games may require the latest version of Chrome.
- Reset your internet connection. Your internet network may be causing problems with your video or game.
- Check your cache and cookies.
lotro won’t launch windows 10,lotro download,installing lotro on windows 10,lotro store won t open in-game,lotro launcher stuck on initializing,shogun 2 not launching windows 10,Privacy settings,How Search works,bioshock won ‘t launch windows 10,lord of the rings online not launching steam