The Task Scheduler is a special tool that comes with all modern versions of Microsoft Windows. Allows the user to program applications, batch files, PowerShell scripts, etc. to execute after certain time intervals or when certain system events occur. Task Scheduler has a graphical version of the MMC (taskschd.msc), the most popular task management tool.
If you are not familiar with creating tasks in the task scheduler, here is a good tutorial : Create an extended shortcut to ignore the UAC prompt in Windows 10.
This post shows you how to delete scheduled tasks in Windows 10. You can use the Task scheduler application, the command line, PowerShell, and the registry editor.
Deleting a scheduled task in Windows 10
- Open management tools.
- Click the Task scheduler icon.Administration and Control Panel
- In the Task Scheduler library, find the task you want to delete. You may need to search the files to find the task.
- Select the task and click Delete in the right pane under Actions > Selected Items.
- You can also right-click the task and select Delete from the context menu or select Actions > Delete from the toolbar menu.
You have successfully deleted the task.
You can also use the command line. This can be done with schtasks, a console tool that lets you manage scheduled tasks in Windows. It is also useful for various automation scenarios.
Delete a scheduled task on the command line with sht.
- Open a new command line as administrator.
- To deactivate a task, enter the following text: schtasks /Delete /TN /F. Replace the part with the correct task name.command prompt
- If your task is located in the root folder of the Task Scheduler library, you can omit the line and specify only the name of the task.
- Now the job is done. You can close the command line.
You can also use PowerShell to delete a scheduled task. In contains a set of commands that you can use to interact with scheduled tasks.
Delete scheduled tasks with PowerShell
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Enter Unregister-ScheduledTask -TaskName -Confirm:$false to delete the task. Replace the part with the actual name of the task you want to delete.
- As above, run this command to remove the job from the : To cancel a scheduled task -TaskPath -TaskName -Confirm:$false. Enter the full path to the task and the name of the task.
- You can also use this command to delete all tasks in a folder: Get-ScheduledTask -TaskPath | Unregister-ScheduledTask -Confirm:$false
- You can now close the PowerShell window.
Message: You must specify the location of the task folder that begins with a slash and ends with the same. For example:
Unregister-ScheduledTask -TaskPath Task Folder -TaskName Simple Task -Confirm:$false
Finally, there is a way to remove a scheduled task from the registry. Well, let’s see.
Delete a scheduled task in the Registry Editor
- Open the Registry Editor application.
- Navigate to the following registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARemicrosoftWindows NTC CurrentVersionScheduleTaskCacheTree. See how to open a registry key with a single click.
- Unfold the Tree sub-button to the left. The task folders here are subclasses of the Tree key, and the main tasks are also similar subclasses named Task Name.
- Right-click the name of the task you want to delete and select Delete from the menu.
- Press Yes to confirm the operation.
You have deleted the task. You can close the Registry Editor application.
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
frequently asked questions
How do I change scheduled tasks in Windows 10?
When you find it, right click on it and select Properties. In the Properties window, click the Triggers tab and then click the Edit button at the bottom of the Edit Job window. From there you can change the time.
How do I complete a scheduled task in Windows?
Cancel or delete scheduled tasks in Windows 7 – groovyPost
How do I view scheduled tasks in Windows 10?
To open Scheduled Tasks, click Start, select All Programs, move the mouse pointer to Desktop Accessories, move the mouse pointer to System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks. Use the search option to search for the schedule and select the schedule to open the task scheduler. Select the Task scheduler library to display a list of scheduled tasks.
Feedback,task scheduler windows 10 not working,task scheduler arguments list windows 10,cannot delete task from task scheduler,view scheduled tasks windows 10,windows task scheduler trigger on event,task scheduler arguments minimized,unregister-scheduledtask,how to edit scheduled task in windows 10,delete scheduled task folder powershell,powershell stop scheduled task remote,powershell disable scheduled task remote,disable task scheduler windows 10,disable scheduled tasks windows 10 cmd,disable task scheduler service,how to stop a running task in task scheduler,schtasks /delete wildcard,delete scheduled task powershell,schtasks /delete if exists,bulk update scheduled tasks,delete task scheduler tasks,schtasks. not recognized,Privacy settings,How Search works,delete scheduled task cmd,how to remove a scheduled task in windows 7,windows 10 change scheduled task,cancel scheduled task windows 10,task scheduler windows 10