The blue screen of death, also known as a BSOD error in Windows, is the worst thing that can happen to you at work. You’re working on something important, and suddenly your computer crashes and you get this stupid blue screen with a fatal error.
Everything you’ve worked on is lost, no backup is made unless you’ve had an automatic backup and, worst of all, your computer or laptop is even rebooted afterwards. It is very annoying to be confronted with these errors, and the most annoying of them is the service exception of the system.
What causes an exception for the Windows 10 system service?
A system_service_exception error occurs when system problems related to installed drivers or the hard disk, SSD or important operating system files may be damaged, but in 90% of the cases the drivers are obsolete or damaged.
This problem can also occur if you have updated Windows, but your drivers have not been updated for some time. Windows and drivers may not be compatible with each other, which can lead to such errors. Even if there is a problem with your device’s file system or storage devices, this system service exclusion error will be noticed.
How do I make an exception for a Windows 10 system service?
It is usually very difficult to determine the exact cause of an exception error in a system service because the error page does not display much information about the error, but as mentioned earlier, it is usually the Windows drivers or damaged updates that may have caused the error. Here are some solutions you can try to enter to correct the error –
1. Update driver
It is best to use software such as Driver Booster, which automatically scans all installed drivers that have updates available, then downloads and updates them automatically and assigns them a restore point.
- First download the Driver Booster and then install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- When the installation is complete, click the Scan Now button. Your computer is then scanned for all installed drivers and checked for updates.
- When the update search is complete, the program provides an overview of all drivers for which updates are available.
- Click on the Update now button to automatically download and update all drivers.
- When all drivers are installed, the program will ask you to restart the system to complete the driver installation.
- After rebooting, all your drivers have been successfully installed and you can now safely use Windows without BSOD errors, but if you encounter the same BSOD-exclusion system service again, try the alternatives below.
2. Continuous system analysis
If the system service lockout error was caused by damaged files from the Windows operating system, then when the program is started from the command line, the system file checker will find and correct the damaged files, and if important files are missing, the program will also correct them.
- Open a command line in administrative mode from the advanced user menu. Open the user menu by simultaneously pressing the Windows + X keys.
- Now type the following command in the command line window : DISM /online /clean-up image / restore health.
- This will take some time, wait until the process is complete.
- When the process is complete, type the following command: sfc /scannow. Now it automatically searches and repairs all the important operating system files that are damaged or missing, and after this process, your computer is repaired.
3. Start CHKDSK
If the System Service exception is due to errors in your file system or incorrect settings in your preferences, running CHKDSK seems to solve the problem. It will search for errors and anomalies in your file system and correct them.
- Open a command prompt in Admin mode or Windows Powershell.
- Type chkdsk /f /r on the command line and press Enter.
- Type y when the program asks you to, and it will then check your device for errors or bad sectors on the disk and fix them.
4. Update or restore Windows
If there is a Windows update, you will need to update it because some parts of the operating system may not be compatible with the currently installed drivers. So open the program Settings and update Windows if you have updates.
However, if your Windows has recently been updated automatically and the System Service Exception error occurs after the update, Windows Update may cause a problem. I now assume that you have already tried to update all your drivers with the driver booster and that this error always occurs after the update. You must perform a system restore if there is a restore point available that was created before Windows Update. To do this, the following steps must be followed –
- Search for recovery in the Start search field.
- Now click on the option Create recovery point. This opens the system properties settings.
- Click on the System Restore option to display the available restore points.
- You can now continue with the recommended restore option if it was created before the update, or you can click on another restore point and choose from a list of all existing restore points.
- Click Show multiple restore points when one or more restore points are displayed.
- Then select a suitable solution and confirm your choice, after which your system will be restored to the state it was in before the upgrade and no data will be lost during this process.
- Now turn off the automatic Windows updates so that this error does not repeat itself.
I really hope that one of these solutions will solve the problem for you and that you can get rid of the annoying bug that rules out the system service, but if you are still stuck, you can run virus scans to detect any viruses or malware that may be present on your system.
Title of Article
How can I fix an exception for system services in Windows 10?
What is the system service error in Windows 10? What is the reason for the exception for system maintenance? See what you can do about it!
system service exception windows 7,system service exception windows 8,system service exception netflix,windows.com/stopcode fix,dot4 sys,system service exception windows 10 pcw sys,system service exception fresh install,pcw sys system service exception,cldflt.sys system service exception,system service exception boot loop,system service exception while gaming,system service exception stuck at 0,microsoft hotfix page,windows driver verifier tool,system service exception when shutting down,system service exception server 2019,rtusba64 sys blue screen,bsod minitool,system service exception ram,system service exception aow drv,system service exception bsod windows 7,system service exception bsod reddit,windows stop code not restarting,system service exception windows 10 keeps restarting,system service exception installing windows 10,system service exception windows 10 reddit