iphone not turning on after ios 14 update, iphone 6s won't turn on after ios 14 update, iphone won't turn on after ios 13 update, my iphone keeps showing the apple logo and turning off, iphone won't turn on/stuck on apple logo, why won t my phone turn on after updating, iphone xr won't turn on after update, iphone won't turn on after update
The iOS 14 update offers users many new features, including changes to default apps, widgets, and more. However, not everyone can take advantage of the iOS 14 features, as some people find that their iPhone does not turn on after the iOS update. Others are reporting that after the ios 14 update, the iPhone no longer turns on and gets stuck on the apple logo. This problem is not new, users experienced it when iOS 13/12 was released. Before you get discouraged, read this article and find some solutions you can try if your iPhone won’t turn on after the iOS 14 update.
Why won’t my iPhone turn on?
That’s the first question that comes to mind, why doesn’t my iPhone turn on after the IOS 14 update? In fact, an iPhone stuck on an app logo or not working is a common problem that can occur at any unexpected time. Either during the upgrade or later, due to some bugs or other. The main culprits for this problem:
- The device may have experienced a power outage: The battery may run down during the update process. During an update, many things happen in the background, so after the update everything returns to normal, and this consumes more power.
- Accidents on iOS : Software bugs can cause many problems, such as. B. the iPhone freezes on the apple logo, and usually a forced reboot can help remove this bad data.
- The firmware is damaged: If something goes wrong during the iOS update, the firmware will be damaged and you will find that your device won’t turn on. Sometimes your iPhone can get stuck on a spinning wheel or a screen with the Apple logo on it.
- Hardware Error, The last reason why your device will not turn on is a hardware error. This can be identified if any of the diagnostic steps in this article do not work.
iPhone does not work after update
Here, we have listed 4 effective solutions that can help you if you have a problem turning on the iPhone or the following problems.
- The iPhone freezes on a white or black screen.
- The iPhone is locked in recovery mode or another safe mode.
- The iPhone gets stuck in the Apple logo, but it doesn’t go any further!
- The iPhone screen sometimes goes black and only shows the spinning wheel, but it does not redirect to the home screen.
- Or you’re having trouble charging in the loop! Where the unit restarts in a continuous cycle.
These solutions apply to all iPhone and iPad models, including: iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X/XR/XS (Max), iPhone 11 and 12 (Pro Max), iPhone SE 2020.
Connect the unit to the power supply
If your iPhone, iPad or iPod is not turned on, connect it to a power source first. Normally you should see a loading screen after a few minutes. If you do not see the charging screen for an hour, your device does not appear to be charging. You can check the Lightning cable or USB adapter or try another power source. Once you have verified that the problem is not related to loading, continue with the next solution.
Forced restart of iPhone
A forced restart refreshes the device memory and restarts all services. You can use it to solve the problem of iPhone not turning on after an update because the firmware crashed. It is also good for the health of your smartphone and can fix minor bugs.
Forced reboot of iPhone 8 and above
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side Entry button until the Apple logo appears. This requires a reboot of the iPhone and may solve the problem. This solution can also be applied to the iPad.
Forced restart of the iPhone 7/7 Plus
Press and hold the Up and Volume buttons together > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears. This will help you if the iPhone is not turned on.
Forced reboot of iPhone 6s/Plus
Press the Home button and the top (or side) button simultaneously > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears. This solution can also be applied to an iPad with a home button.
Restore your iOS device to recovery mode
If the firmware is damaged, you need to repair the iPhone to get rid of it, the iPad will not turn on after the update is released.
- First, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer (PC).
- Then launch iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- When the pop-up window indicates that you need to restore or update your iPhone, simply follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- You can also force a reboot of the device to put it into recovery mode, after which a pop-up window will appear.
- Once connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons to force a restart. Press and hold until you see the iPhone Recovery Mode screen.
- Do not release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. It will probably take about 10 seconds for the iPhone Recovery Mode screen to appear.
- A recovery or update option is displayed. Select Update, iTunes will reinstall iOS without deleting your data.
- If your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode for more than 15 minutes and the device exits iPhone recovery mode, there may be a problem. Restore the process, but this time select Restore. You will then be in iPhone recovery mode.
- Restart the device. If you had a backup in iTunes or iCloud, you can restore old data from the backup.
Restore the iPhone iPad to DFU mode.
If the recovery mode cannot help you correct the situation when the iPhone does not turn on after the ios update, you can set the device to DFU (Device Firmware Update). Compared to recovery mode, DFU mode is a deeper, more complete recovery used to resolve more complex and serious problems.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone and launch iTunes.
- Put the unit in DFU mode. Take the following steps
For iPhone 6s/6s Plus
Press and hold the power and home buttons together for 8-10 seconds > Release the power button, but keep pressing the home button until your device appears in iTunes > Release the home button.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus
Press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously for 8-10 seconds > Release the power button, but continue to press and hold the volume button until your device appears in iTunes > Release the home button.
For iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR, iPhone 11
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Then press and hold the Side button until the screen goes black.
When the screen goes black, press and hold the volume button while releasing the side button > After 5 seconds, release the side button, but press and hold the volume button until the device appears in iTunes.
Your iPhone screen goes completely black when you switch to DFU mode. Try again if you don’t.
DFU mode output:
For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, quickly press the Volume Up button, then quickly press the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button until the device reboots.
On iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, press and hold the side button and volume down button until the device reboots.
For iPhone 6/6s plus, press and hold the Home button and the Lock button until the device restarts.
With these important corrections, we hope they are useful and help you solve this iPhone not turning on after updating problem. However, if you’ve been unlucky and this problem persists, you should consider the possibility that something is wrong with your iPhone hardware. At this point, you should go to the nearest Apple Store and check your iOS device carefully. They will guide you and help you solve your problem.
Also read :
iphone not turning on after ios 14 update, iphone 6s won’t turn on after ios 14 update, iphone won’t turn on after ios 13 update, my iphone keeps showing the apple logo and turning off, iphone won’t turn on/stuck on apple logo, why won t my phone turn on after updating, iphone xr won’t turn on after update, iphone won’t turn on after update