If you are in the same situation and you are stuck with your laptop and you are considering visiting a laptop service center to unlock your HP laptop, just wait. Going to a service center takes time and in many cases, unlocking a laptop can cost a disproportionate amount of money. What should we do then?
Don’t worry, there are many other ways to unlock your HP laptop after a factory reset.
In any case, it is very important that you know that after resetting the laptop to factory settings, all your data including photos, videos, files, downloaded software, etc. will be deleted. You can’t restore them if you don’t have a backup. But the good news is that you can get your HP laptop unlocked without wasting time or money.
If you are an HP laptop user and you find yourself in the same situation as above, read this article. Perform one of the following methods to reset or unlock your HP notebook without a password.
I. HP LAPTOP FACTORY RESET WITH WINDOWS RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT
If for some reason you cannot connect to your HP notebook, you can restore the factory settings using the Windows Recovery Environment from the Start menu.
- To start the process, turn off the HP notebook and disconnect all external devices from the HP notebook.
- After checking that no external media is connected, press the restart button to restart the hp notebook (you must hold down the shift key while restarting the notebook).
- When a new window opens, select the Troubleshooting option.
- After you click on the diagnostic button, you will see an option to restart this PC, click on it. Here you have two options: Save my files or delete everything. You can choose between two options, depending on your preferences.
- After selecting one of the above options, click Next and your laptop will reboot automatically.
- Just wait for the system to perform a factory reset on your hp laptop. This way, you can log in to your HP notebook without a password after rebooting.
II. HP LAPTOP FACTORY RESET WITH HP RECOVERY MANAGER
If you have problems resetting your HP notebook with the above method, you can do it with HP Recovery Manager. Be careful, however, because HP Recovery Manager can restore your computer’s entire software configuration to its original state. This operation re-installs the original operating system and removes all user-installed applications and files containing personal data. Once the recovery is complete, you will only have access to the pre-installed applications.
- To begin the process, first turn off the HP notebook. Make sure all external devices, such as. B. the keyboard, mouse, and power cord connected to the system have been removed.
- Then turn on the hp notebook and make sure to press the F 11 key on the keyboard several times until the Select option appears on the screen.
- Now select the Troubleshooting option.
- After clicking on the problematic snapshot, look for the Recovery Manager option among the available options.
- When the Recovery Manager opens, click on ‘System Restore’.
A . Back up the files first
B. Restore without backing up the files
- You can choose one of the two options. If you decide to back up your data, you may need an external drive to back up your data. After choosing your settings, press the Next option on the screen. The system begins to prepare for a reboot. You need to click on the Next option to restart the laptop.
- Wait here and once it is done, click Done button to restart your HP laptop and after restarting you can login to HP laptop without password.
III. HP NOTEBOOK FACTORY RESET AFTER LOGON
You can reset your HP notebook to factory defaults by signing in, even if you don’t know the password. To follow this method, you need to download the Windows Password Reset software on your system. Windows Password Reset Software is a password recovery tool for Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP. So just download the software and run it on your system after you install it.
To perform this system password reset method, you must connect your laptop to a USB drive or CD/DVD. You can choose one or the other, the end result and procedure are the same for both. Once a USB stick or CD/DVD drive is connected, you have two options. Click on the desired player. After you click your choice, the system displays the Insert USB Device or Insert CD/DVD Drive screen.
Now click on the Start burning option and wait for the process to finish. A screen will now appear with the option to choose the operating system. Click on the operating system you are using. Here you can select the user account whose password you want to reset. Then press the ‘Reset’ button and you’re done. Wait until the process is complete.
If you don’t want to remove the password, you can also add a new user account. If you want to reset your HP notebook to factory defaults after successfully resetting the password, you can access this option.
After successfully resetting the password using the third method described above, if you want to reset the device to its default values, you can do the following Log in to your hp laptop with the new password, then click on the search bar and type ‘Reset This PC’
The system will ask you about the different reasons for the reset, you can choose one of the relevant reasons, but it is not important at this point. The system will now open the settings of your laptop. Select the Get started option from the settings. Here you have two options: Save my files or delete everything. You can choose between two options, depending on your preferences.
‘Delete All’ is a good option if you want to change your administrator account. If you want to save your files, select this option and click Next. Then press the Reset button and you’re done. Wait until the process is complete. Just wait for the system to perform a factory reset on your hp laptop, and after the reboot, you will have a hp laptop with a factory reset.
More technical updates
frequently asked questions
How do I reset an HP laptop without knowing the password?
Blog – how to return-lease-hyp-l…
How do I restart my HP computer if I forgot my password?
‘ partition disk ‘ how to unlock man-hp-l…
How do I reset my laptop to factory settings if I don’t know the password?
1. If your laptop is locked and you cannot access the system, press the power button on the login screen while holding down the shift key. Then select Troubleshooting > Reset this PC. If you have access to your PC, click Start > Settings > Update and Security and restart your PC.
how to factory reset hp laptop without password windows 10,how to unlock hp laptop without password,how to factory reset hp laptop without password or disc,how to unlock hp laptop forgot password without disk,how to factory reset laptop without password,how to factory reset hp laptop without password,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to factory reset hp laptop without password windows 7,how to factory reset hp laptop without disc