Yahoo Mail is a web-based email client used primarily for sending and receiving email. It can transfer emails between users and organizations in a very easy and comfortable way, so there is no chance of data loss. But on the other hand, the logout time is much shorter, the data security is less and the account is easily hackable compared to Office 365. So let’s see how you can transfer Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
Office 365 is a product from Microsoft that allows users to use more of the tools they need: Calendar, Excel, Forms, Office, One Drive, One Note, Outlook, PowerPoint, Skype, Word, etc. Compared to Yahoo Mail, it offers users several features such as flexibility, functionality and security. Before moving on to the solution of moving email from Yahoo to Office 365. You need to know why we need to move mail from Yahoo to Office 365.
I need to import mail from Yahoo into Office 365
Apart from finding the perfect solutions to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365, it is very important to know why we need to export Yahoo Mail, here are the main reasons:
- Office 365 offers more flexibility for Yahoo Mail items.
- For maximum functionality compared to Yahoo Mail.
- It offers numerous services to individuals, businesses and companies.
- Compared to the mailbox, it contains additional applications such as Excel, Word, forms, etc.
- Office 365 offers a higher level of mailbox security.
- You don’t have to worry about viruses and spam. It consists of built-in anti-malware and anti-spam tools.
- Users want to switch from Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
- To avoid ads when opening your mailbox.
It’s these needs that prompted us to move Yahoo Mail to Office 365 and make Yahoo mailbox elements more secure.
Method to manually import Yahoo Mail into Office 365
You must understand that there is no direct way to export Yahoo Mail mailboxes to Office 365. First of all, users need to save their Yahoo Mail data in PST format. You can then transfer it to an Office 365 account. To backup items from Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST, follow the steps below.
Import Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST
Follow these steps to move items from Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST file format:
- Launch Yahoo Mail in your browser and sign in with the required login credentials.
- Now click on your account icon, select the Account Information option and click on it.
- Then click Account Security on the left side of the window.
- Then scroll down to the account security wizard and check the box for Allow applications that use the less secure login option.
- Now open Microsoft Outlook on your PC and sign in with the required login details and password. Then click on the File option.
- Here, click the Information button in the Account Information window and go to the Add Account button.
- A new tab will open where you need to select the Advanced option.
- Then check the Allow manual configuration of my account box.
- Then enter your email address and click on the Connect option.
- Now click the POP icon in the advanced settings.
- Then, on the POP Account Setup page, enter your password and click the Connect button.
- Wait a moment for the process of scanning the login account to complete.
- Then on the Enter User and Password tab for the following server, select Server, User Name and Password and click OK.
- Then click Edit Account Settings.
- The Account Settings pop-up window opens, where you need to check the incoming email server id and port number.
- Then check the Require login with secure password authentication (SPA) box.
- Then check the outgoing mail server and the port number.
- Select SSL/TLS from the Encryption Method drop-down menu.
- Then, re-enable the Require login with secure password authentication (SPA) option.
- When all processes are complete, click Next.
- Then click Finish and Exit>> restart Outlook.
- Now click on the Send/Receive button and select the Send/Receive folder option. Here you can see that Yahoo mail folders are present in MS Outlook.
- Finally, visit the default location to check whether Yahoo Mail mailboxes are stored in PST format or not.
Export the resulting Yahoo Mail data to the Office 365 account
Here are two ways to import PST files from Yahoo Mail to Office 365. Choose one of them according to your needs:
Method 1: Network load
- First, copy the SAS URL to the clipboard, then install Azure AxCopy on the system.
- Then upload all the PST files to the Office 365 account.
- After that, you need to check the downloaded files to continue the process.
- Then create a new imported map file.
- Finally, you’ve completed the migration from Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
Method 2: Motorised transport
- Now copy the PST files to the BitLocker encrypted drive.
- Then transfer the disk to Microsoft Physical Corporation.
- After receiving the hard drive, the data preservation folder begins to offload the received Outlook data to a specific location temporarily located in the Microsoft cloud.
- Finally, you can use Office 365 import services to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
Limiting yourself to the manual solution, how do you transfer Yahoo Mail to Office 365?
- Manual methods are quite time consuming and difficult for non-technical and inexperienced users.
- A process that takes time.
- To perform these actions, users should seek the assistance of a technician.
- There is a possibility of data loss on your Yahoo Mail account.
These are the limitations users may face when using the above transfer methods for Yahoo Mail in Office 365. Therefore, to overcome these disadvantages of the Guide solution, I recommend using third-party software to export mailboxes from Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
Transferring Yahoo Mail to Office 365 using a third-party utility
Sysinfo Office 365 recovery and backup software is good for Outlook OST file format recovery in Office 365. It can also export Office 365 account data to different file formats and email clients such as PST, PDF, EML, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Opera Mail, etc. Learn how to archive Yahoo mail on your hard drive. This tool is designed with a very advanced algorithm so that you do not lose any data during backup and restore. It also has a simple graphical interface and is easy to use even for non-technical users and beginners.
In this article, we will learn that Yahoo Mail and Office 365 are web-based email clients. Yahoo Mail is used for sending and receiving emails between two clients. But on the other hand, Office 365 offers users various features like Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and the ability to send and receive emails. Because Office 365 offers more features, users want to move Yahoo Mail to Office 365. Next, we will look at the manual and professional approaches to exporting data from Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
frequently asked questions
How do I migrate my small Yahoo business to Office 365?
Migration of yahoo-aw blog…
Migrating email to Office 365
Why can’t I add my Yahoo emails to Outlook?
To add your email account to Outlook, you need an application password, also called an application password. … Then select Manage Application Passwords. Select Outlook Desktop from the drop-down list, and then select Generate. Yahoo will show you the application password.
Feedback,imap migration from yahoo to office 365,yahoo mail not working with outlook 365,migrate mail to outlook,imap migration from zoho to office 365,how to enable imap in yahoo mail,export yahoo mail folders to outlook,Privacy settings,How Search works,outlook 2016 will not connect to yahoo mail,migrate from yahoo small business to office 365