There are several reasons why the camera does not work in zoom mode. The camera is disabled in the camera settings, the webcam is not selected in zoom mode, other programs or devices interfere with zooming, a problem with the camera hardware or outdated webcam drivers are common causes. Here are some possible solutions to fix the non-functioning zoom camera in window 10.
Some Lenovo notebooks come with default settings that do not allow access to the webcam zoom. In this situation, if you are a Windows 10 user, download Lenovo Vantage and use it to disable the camera’s data protection mode. If you are using Windows 7, open the Lenovo web conferencing software and select Enable Laptop webcam.
- Restart your computer/laptop and try to open the Zoom application again. This updates the system and corrects minor software conflicts that may cause problems.
- Temporarily disable or remove third-party antivirus software to check if it blocks access to the camera applications.
- If you are using an external webcam, we recommend that you plug it into a different USB port and check that it works.
- Make sure that no other applications (e.g. FaceTime, Skype) are using the video camera. Open Task Manager and close any application that might be interfering with the Zoom application.
Set the correct camera for zoom.
Let’s first check that the right camera is selected for the zoom application.
- Open the Zoom application and then tap the Settings button (the cog icon is located in the upper right corner of the Zoom application).
- Click on Video (in the left bar) and open the video settings.
- Select the desired camera from the drop-down list.
- Remember to uncheck the My Video option when joining the meeting (in addition to the meeting instructions).
alt=Set the right camera for zoom width=1326 height=879 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Set-the-correct-camera-for-zoom.jpg data-ez= />.
Check the video scaling settings
- Open the Zoom application on your computer,
- Tap the Settings button (cog icon) in the upper right corner of the application to expand it,
- Click on the video (left), then move the location to the bottom right corner.
- Make sure that all options are enabled here, for example. B. noise, hardware acceleration for video processing, video transmission or video reception.
- Also set the automatic mode for the video playback method, the video post-processing method, or the video recording method.
- Then close the settings window and restart the Zoom application to check that the device is working properly.
alt=Scaling application parameters width=792 height=541 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Zoom-app-settings.jpg data-ez= />
Check camera rights
If you are having trouble accessing your webcam from an application or zooming, first check to see if your camera has a zoom permission.
- Press the Windows + X key and select Settings,
- In the left pane, click the Privacy option and then click Camera.
- Make sure the camera is available for this device, or click Edit to activate it.
- Then don’t forget to check the button under Allow applications to access the camera.
alt=Low access camera width=755 height=524 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Allow-access-to-camera.jpg />
Reset Camera Application
Camera application settings may prevent access to the Zoom client application. Reset the Camera application by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X to select applications and features,
- Scroll down and find the camera, select it and then click on the Advanced Settings link.
- Scroll down the camera settings window and press the Reset button,
- Press the reset button again when prompted and restart the computer.
- Now open the Zoom application to see if the camera problem is solved or not.
alt=reset camera app to default width=603 height=430 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/reset-camera-app-to-default-setup.jpg />
Do you still need help viewing the camera driver. We have already mentioned that outdated or corrupt camera drivers are also responsible for Zoom camera not working under Windows 10. And reinstalling the camera driver will probably solve the problem.
- Press the Windows key + select Device Manager,
- The Device Manager opens and displays a list of all installed device drivers,
- Find sound, video and game controllers for certain devices and expand them; find a camera option, expand it,
- Right-click on the embedded camera driver, select Uninstall, confirm the prompt again and reboot the system.
alt=Installation room width=1242 height=762 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Uninstall-camera.jpg data-ez= />
- Open Device Manager again, click on the action and check for hardware changes,
- This installs the built-in camera driver on your computer,
- Right-click on the built-in camera again and select the updated driver.
- Then click Auto Search to find the updated driver so you can update Windows, download the latest camera driver and install it on your computer.
alt=Fast camera driver width=931 height=573 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Update-camera-driver.jpg data-ez= />
If it says that your drivers have already been updated, but the problem is still not resolved, we recommend that you download and install the camera driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Reset the scale
So you have tried all the above solutions and found that your camera works with other applications and only causes problems when zooming. In this case, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom application to solve the problem.
Remove your current Zoom installation.
- Press the Windows + X key to select applications and functions.
- Scroll down and find the Scaling application under Applications and Features.
- Select a Zoom application from the list and click Remove.
- When a confirmation window appears, click Delete to continue. The program will then be removed.
Freshly installed zoom
Finally, download and reinstall the Zoom application from the Zoom website.
Also to be read
alt=Ezoic data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/No-Audio-Output-Device-Is-Installed-Windows-10-version-20H2.png /> Report this ad.
lenovo camera not working windows 7, lenovo camera settings, how to turn on lenovo laptop camera windows 7, camera not working on zoom lenovo, lenovo laptop camera not working windows 10, lenovo camera not working windows 10 2020, how to turn on camera on lenovo laptop, zoom app on lenovo laptop